In 1942, a Service Commission with a Chairman and two members was established for recruitment of Subordinate Staff on the then North West Railway was known as Railway Service Commission.
- Formulation of policy in regard to recruitment procedures.
- To monitor the activities of all Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) including expenditure incurred for recruitment.
- To evaluate the performance of RRB’s and advise them on priorities as required.
- To organise a management information system for monitoring work done by RRB’s
Railway Recruitment Boards areorganisations under the Government of India that manage the appointment of new employees to work in Indian railways. There are 21 boards situated in different parts of India:
- Jammu and Kashmir
These RRBs Conducting Following Exams in every year/as per requirement of staffs
- ALP & Technician Exam
- Engineers &Astt. Engineers Exam
- Technical Staff Exam
- Technical Corridor Exam
- Group-D Exam
- Ticket Clerks Exam
- NTPC Exam (Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam to recruit Commercial apprentice, Goods guard, Traffic Apprentice, Traffic Assistant, Assistant Station Master etc.)
- Non-Technical Corridor Exam
- Deptt. Exams
Cat-3 Railways Safety
- RPF- Cadre Exam
- RPF-SI/ASI Exam
- RPSF Exams
Railways Exams Eligibility Criteria &Selection Process
Sr. Exam/Phases Age(Years) E.Q. Prelims Mains DT CPT PT 1 ALP/Technician 18-30 10th + Diploma Yes No No No Yes 2 TC 18-32 12th Yes No No Yes No 3 NTPC 18-32 Graduation Yes Yes As per notification For Few Posts For Few Posts 4 RPF-Cadre 18-25 Matriculation Yes No No No Yes 5 RPF-SI/ASI 20-25 Graduation Yes Yes As per notification No Yes 6 Group-D 18-33 10th Yes No No No For Few Posts 7 JE/SE 18-32 Graduation*Professional Yes Yes As per notification As per notification As per notification 8 Deptt. Exams As per notification *DT-Descriptive Test/ST-Skill Test/ PT-Physical Test /PPT-Pen Paper Based/CBT-Computer Based Test.
SSC Exams Pattern & Syllabus
|Exam||Weightage Of Sections/Topics In Various Exams|
|*In Railways Mains Exam Have Psychometric Test with DT & NM-1/3 in CBT|